Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rain Clouds followed by Perilous Times

Over the weekend, the word on most people's lips was rain. As many watched news reports on Hurrican Ike and the devastation left behind in Texas, a continuous downpour soaked the north shore and surrounding areas. Our storm was no hurricane, but the damages were still felt.
Come Monday, everyone at school needed to disscuss our stories of flooding. These perilous times were surely felt by all, in Illinois and Texas. The aftermath was dealt with by looking up to big brother to help us all out. The communities all came together and requests were made for relief money. Most probably wished the weather would just stay nice and calm, but the storms were bonding experiences nonetheless.

1 comment:

Patrick K. said...

I definitley agree that these storms were a bonding experience. I ran my car into a giant puddle of water and was helped out by a man who just happened to live right where it happened. He helped me deal with my car troubles, and let me and my friends take shelter in his garage. The storm was a great example of people looking to help out in perilous times.